Our dedicated and talented staff and volunteers play a key role in the success of the Royal University Hospital Foundation, a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research, and enhanced patient care at RUH.
Royal University Hospital (RUH) Foundation is seeking a Major Gifts Officer to join their team. If selected as the successful candidate, your experience and passion for developing and maintaining relationships with current and potential donors will have a daily impact on patients, their families and the medical teams who care for them at Royal University Hospital. The Foundation is looking for someone who will embrace their curiosity and desire to learn and be personally inspired about the innovative and life changing work that happens within RUH. The Major Gifts Officer is part of a dynamic development team that works together to capitalize on RUH Foundation’s integrated major giving program.
Nature of Work:
This position requires strong relationship building skills and involves effectively managing a portfolio of 100-120 donors and prospective donors.
The Major Gifts Officer identifies, researches, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift donors to the Foundation for pressing health-care priorities.
Proficient in fund development, you have superior organizational skills as well as excellent communication and writing skills. You will have an undergraduate degree or have post-secondary education and equivalent experience. With a minimum of three years in a similar role.
The Major Gifts Officer develops and implements cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects and donors and identifies new opportunities with the ultimate goal of closing major gifts of $10,000+ to the Foundation for pressing health-care priorities.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Secure Major Gifts
- Manage a portfolio of 100 – 120 major gift donors and prospects.
- Identify, qualify and strategically cultivate relationships within assigned portfolio to solicit and secure major gifts of $10,000+.
- Conduct one-on-one donor visits to strengthen donor relationships.
- When appropriate, engage RUH Foundation Board and other volunteers to build meaningful relationships with donors.
- Ensure donor recognition and stewardship is effectively implemented and provide personal stewardship to assigned donors in accordance to Foundation policies and procedures.
- Manage major gift donor correspondence and relationship activities.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop an annual work plan which includes clear moves management targets and metrics that supports Foundation initiatives including strategic, operational, capital and annual plans.
- Track and report on progress against specific metrics.
Administration and Records Management
- Ensure adherence to RUH Foundation policies, procedures and practices and alignment with best practice fundraising moves management strategies.
- Ensure records are accurately maintained within information systems utilized by RUH Foundation.
- Prepare proposals, solicitation materials and gift agreements.
- Prepare major giving related content for reports.
- Carry self and manage relations in a manner that demonstrates an embodiment of RUH Foundation culture and philosophy that encourages respect, dignity and promotes a culture of philanthropy.
- Participate as an active and supportive member of RUH Foundation staff.
- Pursue opportunities to be engaged in sector, community, leadership initiatives and professional development.
- Perform other duties in support of Foundation priorities, as required.
Education and Experience:
- University undergraduate degree or post-secondary education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in fund development
- Effective communication and writing skills
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Effective computer skills; experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT is an asset
- Previous work or volunteer involvement in the not-for-profit or charitable sector is an asset
Salary Range: $74,821 – $94,093 annually
How to Apply:
RUH Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your confidential application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Community. Your Health. Help us make a difference.