Our dedicated and talented staff and volunteers play a key role in the success of the Royal University Hospital Foundation, a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research, and enhanced patient care at RUH.
About Royal University Hospital Foundation
Since 1983, the RUH Foundation has created excellence in and impacted health care by raising funds to anticipate and respond to needs for innovative research, education and patient care. We have raised and invested more than $130 million to support health care for Saskatchewan residents.
As we plan for the next major capital campaign to transform health care at Royal University Hospital, the RUH Foundation is seeking a dynamic individual to join our professional team to help us strengthen donor, volunteer and other stakeholder commitment to health-care philanthropy. This is your opportunity to really make a difference in your community and innovate and advance patient care, education and research. Your experience and passion for developing and maintaining relationships with current and potential donors will have a daily impact on patients, their families and the medical teams who care for them at Royal University Hospital.
The Senior Development Officer will identify, research, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors. Working with the Chief Development Officer and the RUH Foundation team including volunteers, you will support the planning, co-ordination and implementation of major gifts for pressing health-care priorities at Royal University Hospital.
The ideal candidate will be an effective fundraiser and communicator with proven project management, relationship management, writing and computer skills, and will have an undergraduate degree or have post-secondary education with a minimum of three years of fundraising experience in a similar role.
A CFRE designation and previous work or volunteer experience in the not-for-profit or charitable sector are assets.
Reports to: Chief Development Office
The Senior Development Officer is responsible for managing the Major Giving Program and executing annual and capital fundraising campaigns. The Senior Development Officer attracts new donations to the Foundation, while establishing and maintaining close relationships with major donors ($10,000+) through program planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and evaluates an integrated Major Giving Program, through identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting and securing major donors. This includes leading the Physicians Giving Program and Women in Philanthropy Program.
- Manages a pool of 100 top prospects with the ultimate goal of closing the gift.
- Provides input to and implements the Foundation’s annual and capital campaign plans.
- Leads and participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of Prospect Research activities that facilitate identifying prospective donors who have the capacity and potential to provide major gifts to the Foundation.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits major gift donors.
- Researches and develops prospect briefs and funding proposals for prospective major donors.
- Negotiates and prepares gift and fund agreements.
- Ensures donor recognition and stewardship is effectively implemented and provides personal stewardship to assigned donors.
- Manages major donor correspondence and relationship activities.
- Ensures that fund development best practices are followed and major gift commitments are met.
- Participates as an active and supportive member of the RUH Foundation staff.
- Pursues professional development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures all major giving materials, donor lists, reports and documents are accurately written, and then tracked and coded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepares Major Giving related content for reports as well as strategic and annual plans and budgets.
- Provides support to Development and Campaign Committees and their members who contribute information and advice when needed.
Education and Experience:
- University undergraduate degree or post-secondary education and equivalent experience
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in fund development
- CFRE designation and previous work in the not-for-profit or charitable sector are assets
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Effective computer skills; experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset
Please submit your confidential application to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to October 1, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent pension and benefits programs. (Salary range is $70,336 – $95,166 annually).
Join us today for the most meaningful work of your career.
Your Community. Your Health. Help us make a difference.