Our dedicated and talented staff and volunteers play a key role in the success of the Royal University Hospital Foundation, a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research, and enhanced patient care at RUH.
About Royal University Hospital Foundation
Since 1983, the RUH Foundation has created excellence in and impacted healthcare by raising funds to anticipate and respond to needs for innovative research, education and patient care. We have raised and invested more than $140 million to support healthcare for Saskatchewan residents.
As we plan for the future, the RUH Foundation is seeking a dynamic individual to join our professional team to help strengthen donor, volunteer and other stakeholder commitment to healthcare philanthropy. This is your opportunity to really make a difference in your community. Your experience and passion for heartfelt storytelling, marketing and communications will have a daily impact on patients, their families and the medical teams who care for them at Royal University Hospital. Together we can save lives.
The Communications Officer (FTE) develops and executes, with support from other staff, the integrated marketing and communications plan to support the Foundation’s overall strategic goals. You will be responsible for internal and external communications (print, broadcast and online), marketing, branding, public and media relations functions while also researching and creating content and leading the stewardship and donor recognition program through planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation.
An effective communicator, you are a strong writer and have proven presentation, organizational, project management, time management and computer skills. Experience with social media tools and knowledge of their trends and capabilities are important as is experience with MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite. You will have an undergraduate degree or have post-secondary education and equivalent experience. With a minimum of five years of experience in communications and/or marketing, you are ready to take on this creative opportunity. ABC or other communication certification and previous work or volunteer involvement in the not-for-profit sector are assets.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Communications Officer develops and executes the integrated marketing and communications plan to support the Foundation’s overall goals. The Communications Officer is responsible for internal and external communications (print, broadcast and online), marketing, branding, public and media relations functions while also creating content and leading the stewardship and donor recognition program through planning, organizing, writing , implementation and evaluation.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the Foundation’s integrated communications and marketing plan supporting all Foundation initiatives including strategic, operational, capital and annual plans.
- Manage the Foundation’s branding strategy including internal and external communications as well as media relations.
- Develop and manage the social media strategy and support social media engagement.
- Lead and participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of an annual recognition and stewardship plan for donors and volunteers.
- Collaborate with communication and development staff.
- Collaborate with internal and external communication relations including Saskatchewan Health Authority, College of Medicine and other 3rd party relations.
- Develop effective, reliable content for communications materials (including websites, print and other media) which are primarily targeted at current and prospective donors and their key influencers.
- Write content for numerous print publications, such as annual reports, cases for support, brochures, newsletters, letters, stewardship reports and other publications.
- Proof-read and edit materials for appropriate content and errors to support the reputation of the Foundation and the effectiveness of the material.
- Organize photo shoots with the goal of ensuring up-to-date photography is readily available for use in a variety of print and online materials.
- Prepare relevant documents and marketing collateral to support the planning and implementation of events, programs, campaigns and external promotions.
- Manage vendor and media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Ensure that the terms of donor agreements and donor recognition is fulfilled (e.g., story and donor murals, thank you ads and phone calls, plaques, hospital tours and visits).
- Prepare marketing and communications content for Board, committees, operational, strategic and annual plans.
- Participate as an active and supportive member of the Foundation staff.
- Pursue professional development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Research, interview and write heartfelt content.
- Ensure that marketing, communications, recognition and stewardship best practices are followed.
- Provide input into annual budget.
- Support the identification of timely, value-added technologies and ideas to improve communications opportunities.
- Perform other duties in support of RUHF priorities, as required.
Education and Experience:
- University undergraduate degree or post-secondary education and equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
- Proven organizational, project management collaboration and time management skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Adept in using the evolving digital and social media landscape as well as top trends and new technology to engage media, influencers, donors and government stakeholders.
- ABC or other communication certification and previous work in the not-for-profit sector are assets.
- Effective computer skills; experience with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and databases.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program. (Salary Range: $59,261 – $80,176. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience).
Please submit your confidential application to email@example.com by May 24th 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Join us today for the most meaningful work of your career.
Your Community. Your Health. Help us make a difference.