Our dedicated and talented staff and volunteers play a key role in the success of the Royal University Hospital Foundation, a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research, and enhanced patient care at RUH.
Royal University Hospital (RUH) Foundation is seeking a Major Gifts Officer to join their team. If selected as the successful candidate, your experience and passion for developing and maintaining relationships with current and potential donors will have a daily impact on patients, their families and the medical teams who care for them at Royal University Hospital. The Foundation is looking for someone who will embrace their curiosity and desire to learn and be personally inspired about the innovative and life changing work that happens within RUH. The Major Gifts Officer is part of a dynamic development team that works together to capitalize on the RUH Foundation’s integrated major giving program through annual and capital fundraising campaigns.
Nature of Work:
This position requires strong relationship building skills and involves effectively managing a portfolio of 100-150 donors and prospective donors.
The Major Gifts Officer identifies, researches, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift donors to the Foundation for pressing health-care priorities.
Proficient in fund development, you have superior organizational skills as well as excellent communication and writing skills. You will have an undergraduate degree or have post-secondary education and equivalent experience. With a minimum of three years in a similar role.
The Major Gifts Officer develops and implements cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects and identifies new opportunities with the ultimate goal of closing major gifts of $10,000+ to the Foundation for pressing health-care priorities.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Strategic (≈ 35%)
- Creates a strategy to successful identify and cultivate a pool of current and future donors with the potential to make a major gift of $10,000+
- Manages a portfolio of 100 – 150 donors and prospects
Operational (≈ 45%)
- Provides personal stewardship to assigned donors
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards mid-level and major gift donors
- Establishes and works toward meeting appropriate annual goals, targets and metrics to ensure that major gifts are effective, efficient and successful
- Acts as the staff solicitor to assigned prospects and when appropriate, works closely with RUH Foundation Board and other volunteers to build meaningful relationships with donors
- Participates as an active and supportive member of the RUH Foundation staff
- Pursues professional development opportunities on an ongoing basis
Tactical (≈ 20%)
- Prepares major gifts related content for reports as well as strategic and annual development plans and budgets
- Prepares proposals and other solicitation materials
- Makes direct, face-to-face solicitations and provides support to Development and Campaign Committee volunteers
- Ensures that “Best Practices” of Fund Development are followed and that the stewardship terms of donor agreements are met
- Tracks and reports on progress using specific metrics
Education and Experience:
- University undergraduate degree or post-secondary education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in fund development
- Effective communication and writing skills
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Effective computer skills; experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Previous work or volunteer involvement in the not-for-profit or charitable sector is an asset
Salary Range: $72,291 – $90,911 annually
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your confidential application to email@example.com by June 10, 2022.
Your Community. Your Health. Help us make a difference.