About RUH Foundation
Royal University Hospital (RUH) Foundation was established in 1983 and has since raised and invested more than $155 million of donor funds into innovative research, education, and patient care priorities for health-care advancements at Royal University Hospital.
Every day, RUH Foundation works to create excellence in health care by raising funds that anticipate and respond to needs for innovative research, education, and patient care at Royal University Hospital. The Foundation works to inspire health-care philanthropy in our community to transform and enhance health care for the people of Saskatchewan.
About the opportunity
We are seeking passionate, community minded and energetic individuals to join RUH Foundation Board of Directors. The Board oversees the organization and provides purpose-based leadership and strategic governance. Directors are involved in directing the organization in accordance with its strategic plan, articles, bylaws and applicable legislation. As a fundraising organization for Saskatchewan Health Authority’s Royal University Hospital, Directors are expected to champion and contribute to the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives in the community and our Hospital and help grow the awareness of the Foundation with key stakeholders and encourage others to contribute to the Foundation.
RUH Foundation is currently seeking interest from individuals to fill four vacancies on the Board beginning in June 2022. We welcome applications from all interested parties in particular this year, the Foundation is looking for candidates with skills or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Corporate and Business
- Financial Oversight and/or Investment Knowledge
As an inclusive organization, the Board seeks to ensure that its composition reflects the diversity of our community.
- Directors are appointed for a two (2) year term which can be renewed for up to two (2) additional two (2) year terms.
- Four (4) board meetings per year, each up to 2.5 hours in length plus the Annual General Meeting.
- Four (4) committee meetings per year, each up to two hours in length. The Board has four (4) active committees: Executive, Audit Finance, Development and Granting. Directors sit on at least one committee.
- Strategic, operational planning or other Board retreat session normally held once per year for up to one (1) day.
- Attend and support Foundation and community events and represent the organization as able.
Please send a resume and expression of interest letter to the attention of the RUH Foundation Board Nominations Committee to email@example.com by February 15, 2022. Please include “Board of Directors” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted with selected applicants, and only those applicants will be contacted. Please contact Doug Osborn, Board Chair a 306.221.2225 or Arla Gustafson, CEO at 306.655.1984 for additional information.