About Royal University Hospital Foundation
RUH Foundation was established in 1983 and has since raised and invested more than $146 million of donor funds into innovative research, education, and patient care priorities for health-care advancements at RUH. Working together with donors and medical teams, we are saving lives.
RUH continues to enhance its programs and services through innovation, technology, and research, ultimately improving patient outcomes. This provides a great opportunity for donors to support transformational care for patients and provide a difference in healthcare for the people of Saskatchewan. RUH Foundation continues to partner with the SHA to make that happen.
Reporting and Principal Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Foundation.
The Communications Officer develops and executes the integrated marketing and communications plan to support the Foundation’s overall goals. The Communications Officer is responsible for internal and external communications (print, broadcast and online), marketing, branding, public and media relations functions while also creating content and supporting the stewardship and donor recognition program through planning, organizing, writing, implementation and evaluation.
$60,209 – $81,459 annually
Location of Role
Your Key Accountabilities will include:
- Communications Strategy and Planning: Proactively develops, implements, monitors and evaluates the integrated communications and marketing plan supporting all Foundation initiatives including strategic, operational, capital and annual plans. Manages the Foundation’s branding strategy including internal and external communications as well as media relations. Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of an annual recognition and stewardship plan for donors and volunteers.
- Public Relations: Collaborates and maintains strategic relationships with internal and external partners including Saskatchewan Health Authority, University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine, local media partners and other 3rd parties. Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the Foundation’s history and Royal University Hospital’s programs, services and innovation in order to tell the RUH story and inspire donors to support the work of the Foundation. Manages and builds vendor and media relations and maximize media opportunities (earned and paid). Assists in carrying out the terms of donor agreements (e.g., story and donor murals, events, thank you ads).
- Content Development and Content Management: Develops effective, reliable content for communications materials (print and digital) which are primarily targeted at current and prospective donors and their key influencers. Writes content for numerous publications, such as annual reports, cases for support, brochures, newsletters, letters and stewardship reports. Develops and manages the organization’s digital strategy (including website, social media and other mobile platforms) with the goal of enhancing donor engagement. Works with and supervises contract suppliers (agencies, graphic designers, photographers, printers, media suppliers) to ensure efficient and accurate development and distribution of content. Proof-reads and edits materials for appropriate content and errors to support the reputation of the Foundation and the effectiveness of the material. Ensures up-to-date photography and video is readily available for use in a variety of print and digital materials. Prepares relevant documents and marketing collateral to support the planning and implementation of events, programs, campaigns and external promotions. Drafts and refines speeches for a variety of engagements and events. Researches, interviews and writes heartfelt content.
- Administrative and Records Management: Ensures adherence to Foundation policies, procedures and practices and alignment with best practice fundraising and stewardship management strategies. Collaborates with development staff to support and move forward innovative fundraising tactics and donor stewardship initiatives. Ensures records are accurately maintained within information systems utilized by RUH Foundation. Ensures that marketing, communications, recognition and stewardship best practices are followed. Undertakes special projects and perform other related duties as required. Supports the identification of timely, value-added technologies and ideas to improve communications opportunities.
- Brand Ambassadorship: Carries self and manages relations in a manner that demonstrates an embodiment of RUH Foundation culture and philosophy that encourages respect, dignity and promotes a culture of philanthropy. Participates as an active and supportive member of RUH Foundation staff. Actively seeks to expand RUH Foundation’s network through involvement in community initiatives. Pursues professional development opportunities on an ongoing basis and stay abreast of marketing and communication trends. Perform other duties in support of RUH Foundation priorities, as required.
- 5+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
- University undergraduate degree or post-secondary education and equivalent experience.
- Proven organizational, project management, collaboration and time management skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Adept in using the evolving digital and social media landscape as well as top trends and new technology to engage media, influencers, donors and government stakeholders.
- IABC or other communication certification and previous work in the not-for-profit sector are assets.
- Effective computer skills; experience with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and CRM solutions.
Click Here to apply for this role by February 1, 2021.