Royal University Hospital Foundation is pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Osborn as our 2021-2022 Volunteer Board Chair. Doug has served on the RUH Foundation Board of Directors since 2015 most recently Chairing the Development Committee and serves as a Campaign Cabinet member for our $20 million Mission Possible: Operation New OR Campaign.
Doug, a former Partner with MLT Aikins LLP, retired from the practice of law at the end of 2019. He graduated from the University of Saskatchewan College of Law in 1984 and was called to the Bar in Saskatchewan in 1985.
Doug’s professional and community volunteer experiences include:
- Former board member and President (1999-2000 and 2007-2008) of the Ronald McDonald House Saskatchewan
- Co-Chair of the Ronald McDonald House Saskatchewan Capital Campaign (2012-2013)
- Member of World Junior Hockey Championships, Organizing Committee as Team Host Co-ordinator (2010 and 1991) and Team USA Host (1991)
- Board member (1995-2001) and President (1999) of Riverside Country Club
- Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch, Executive (1991-1995)
- 1989 Jeux Canada Games Organizing Committee.
Doug, his wife Irene and their family have been generous donors to RUH Foundation. With his passion and leadership, Doug will ensure the Foundation continues to lead in governance and raise much needed funding to support life-saving research, state-of-the-art equipment and programs, capital improvements and education for patient care at Royal University Hospital so that Saskatchewan’s busiest acute care hospital is ready when you need it.
Please join us in thanking Doug Osborn for his commitment to health-care excellence in Saskatchewan.
Meet our entire 2020–2021 Board of Directors.
Pictured above: (l-r) Former Board Chair Don Neufeld; Board Chair Doug Osborn; Doug’s mother, Sheila Osborn; and his daughter, Carolyn AumillerMore News